The best source of information
on this phase of the Seminary
|When the Cassedys first
came to Forest Glen to look at the property and meet some of the local businesspeople, George
Wolfe was one of the store owners who met with them. He sold his interest in that
store in 1900, but he and his partner William Miller acquired the operation
of the general store and Post Office in Forest Glen (next to the Train Station). The Wolfe
family lived above the store in 1908.
Cassedy acquired a partial interest in the general store, which was at that time
called the Rowland Company. In 1910, Wolfe went to work for NPS as Manager
of the Purchasing Department and Supervisor of Grounds.
This page was last maintained on 05/21/98.