Senior House

Senior House was built in 1898 in the Shingle Style. The decorative use of shingles are still visible. Senior House was a residence for the more mature girls, restricted to those invited by Mrs. Cassedy. It originally stood some distance from Main and other buildings, as the picture below shows.

Senior House as originally built

Construction in the Ament era has surrounded it with other buildings so that its particular charm is almost lost in the clutter. A fire-proof tower built by WRAMC also contributes to hiding its beauty.

Senior House, in crowded surroundings

[aafooter_stuff.html]

This page was last maintained on 05/21/98.